Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Dear Mr. Bear,
Sorry I haven't written lately.  Things have been busy and I've fallen behind.  But this is such a fun time of year that I will redouble my efforts to write to you more often.

Yesterday was Halloween, and you were adorable. Last year I dressed you up as a goldfish, but you were pretty young - so really this was your "first" Halloween.

Recently you've become attached to a stuffed tiger we bought for you in Williamsburg, VA, so your dad and I decided to dress you up as a tiger for Halloween.  The costume had a fuzzy jumper that covered your arms and legs and tummy and then little feet and a hat with ears and the tiger face.

Before the big day, you actually completely refused to let us put you in the costume.  You'd shriek and scream until we took it off, even when your dad dressed up in parts of it.  Even yesterday morning, you were immensely unhappy when I drew whiskers on your little face and tried to paint your nose black.

P1040040.jpg
But peer pressure seems to have had an effect on you.  All the kids in your nursery school class had on their costumes, so I guess you were willing to let your teachers stuff you into the outfit.  The class then went to the grocery store to get treats and then came to the lobby of the office building where I work.  I gathered my coworkers who know you and we all went down to see how cute you were.  You had a bag of candy and were completely overwhelmed.  But you were adorable!
P1040043.jpg
Love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment